The Puget Sound English Springer Spaniel Association hosts monthly Field Events beginning in April through August. These are held at various locations throughout Western Washington. PSESSA also co-hosts a yearly Hunt Test cluster over Labor Day weekend with several other spaniel clubs. Beginning dogs as well as experienced hunters are welcome to participate.
Field Events for 2012:
Sunday March 18 Field Training Day – Scatter Creek North
Sunday April 15 Field Training Day – Scatter Creek North
Saturday & Sunday May 19 – 20 Hunt Test MRSSA & PSESSA (first choice on this one alternate could be June 2 & 3) – SC North
June 17th~Father’s Day Picnic Trial Sunday, June 17, 2012 Scatter Creek WDFW Area – North Unit Starting at 8:30 a.m., Potluck at Lunch. Hosted by Western Washington English Springer Spaniel Club.
* Series on Pigeons, braced and un-braced
* Series on Chukar, braced and un-braced
* Water retrieves in the afternoon
* Training allowed (electric collar, long line, moderate physical corrections)
* No placements, though there will be “judges”, shaggers, field marshals etc. so that to the dogs the event looks as much as possible like a FT or HT
Sunday Aug 26 Field Training Day – SC North
Friday through Monday Labor Hunt Tests Aug 31 PSESSA, Sept 1 CSCA, Sept 2 MRSSA, Sept 3 CSCA. – SC South